Monday, October 10, 2016

Looking for Critique Partners for the IWSG Competition

Even though I despaired of ever writing anything related to The War of Six Crowns in fewer than ten thousand words, I've managed it.

This weekend, I finished the rough draft of The One Who Would Wield the Sword in about 5000 words, although I'll probably be adding a thousand more in edits. (I'm the consummate adder-inner. You know... the kind of writer who adds in words while editing. As supposed to the bodily organs of a snake. That would be weird.)

Wow. Let me rein myself in and get back onto the topic before I digress way too far (as happens when I blog this close to my bed time.)

Ahem.

Okay.

I'm going to do rewrites and edits this week, but I would ideally be looking for some extra pairs of eyes on my works (metaphorically.) before I submit my entry to the competition.

Which made me think I probably wouldn't be the only one.

So if you're looking for someone to trade short stories with, get in touch with me at mishagerrick(AT)gmail(DOT)com. I'll make the exchange on a first-come, first serve basis.

And, if you don't have time to read my short story but still want me to critique your story, I'm currently doing full critiques of short stories for $5 (and a service review) per story on Fiverr. It's a sale I have going to build up my track-record there. Fiverr accepts PayPal, and you can change the price into your own currency.

To qualify for the sale, you have to be one of my first 100 customers there (which is a distinct possibility.) and PM me from the site I linked you to. (There's a big green button that says "Contact me.")

Anyone entering the IWSG competition? Looking for critiques for your work? 


7 comments:

  1. I can't help with critiques but I will be reading your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After this week I would love to take part. I get my next Fiverr payment this Sunday and by then I should be ready to order from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misha, I can read your story, if you still need someone. If I read your post this morning, I would've send you mine in exchange, but I didn't, so I submitted it to the IWSG instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just taken your fiverr link for one friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great idea. I'll send you an email, but if you've already found someone, that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could give your story a quick read. But I only have one arm so I couldn't do a line by line critique. I could read for flow and plot. authorshellyarkon@g.mail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not in the competition, but I'm sure you'll find plenty of people willing to swap. But if you still need more pairs of eyes, let me know:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.