Friday, July 29, 2016

Update Day

Hey everyone! It's the last Friday of the month, which means it's time for another Update Day! For those of you who are unaware of what all this is about: A group of us have set some huge/crazy/crazy important goals that we're striving towards. And on the last Friday of every month, we post updates on our progress.

If you'd like more information or to sign up, please click here.


So... last month was a bit of a downer and I didn't set many official goals. But I made some progress with Book 3, having done almost 30k words of writing and editing this month. I might see how many more words I can do over the weekend. 

I also read one book, The Hunt for Red October AND I moved house. So I'm pretty happy with getting all this done despite the upheaval. 

Lots is going on in my life still, though, so I'm thinking I'll continue with giving myself a breather and just seeing how much progress I can make in August. 

How are you doing? 

15 comments:

  1. You worked on a lot of words, especially considering there was a move in the middle there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last month was a downer for me too, but it sounds like you made more progress than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my family, we equate moving with natural disaster. Plus you wrote! You're great, Misha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is always rough and you have to pause a lot of things. You sound like you made good progress despite it. Keep it up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a nice chunk of words. I hope August is a happier month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving is so difficult (physically and emotionally)! To have worked on 30k at the same time is amazing.

    I hope things settle down in August.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good word total. Better than I have done :)

    The Hunt for Red October? A pretty good book. If you're looking for more similar, Red Storm Rising is a better read, I think. Both good Clancy Cold War tales.

    The movie starring Sean Connery isn't bad (Hunt for Red October).

    There is a science fiction novel, Guardian of Night, by Tony Daniel that has a very similar plotline as the Hunt for Red October.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Misha. 30,000 words sounds pretty impressive to me. Almost NaNo territory! I'm sure you're right to just chill out for the moment. Writing is supposed to be fun, isn't it? BW, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You wrote a ton, especially considering the move! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of writing and editing. Good for you. And you did it in addition to the move.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work, Misha! Wishing you every happiness in your new home! Keep up the good writing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you have your hands full... it is great with all that, that you were able to write as much as you did xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. 30k is really impressive. I'd like to say that I've done a lot of writing this summer, but I haven't; I've been dealing with a lot of issues that have prevented me from writing, unfortunately. I do miss writing, though, and I'll be glad when I can get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Though you didn't meet your goals, I'm incredibly impressed. You did a lot, including MOVING?!? Your average month doesn't include that so I'm sure you'll make up for anything more you'd hoped to accomplish! Keep on keepin' on! Christy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great goals! I'm mainly just trying not too go too crazy as I gear up for my book release this month:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.