Thursday, December 23, 2010

Today is (was) going to be a short post.

As Christmas approaches, my to-do list lengthens. As such, this post shortens. ;-P


Today will be taken up by unpacking a fridge after our one maid filled it with plates. The fridge being coffin-like in volume.


Luckily I have a slave (my younger brother) to help me move the ceramic plates somewhere else.


When that's done, I get to bake! Hopefully. I'm thinking lamingtons and more traditional treats named Jan Smutsies and Hertzoggies.


For those of you with zero South African connection (me excluded), Jan Smutsies and Hertzoggies are basically small soft cakes with apricot jam baked in between. Incredibly delicious. Ask nicely and I might even post a recipe.


But to intrigue you, I present:





Hertzoggies (the tops are made of coconut)


and...



Jan Smutsies.


Ask really REALLY nicely and I might throw in some other kick-ass traditional South African treats.


But I digress. After that I have to pack a suitcase for a week and move into my mother's room to make space for the family. Which means I have to plan what I have to wear. For almost a week.


I don't even plan what I wear to weddings and funerals. Sigh...


But I will suffer this trial for the sake of Christmas.


Speaking of trials. I'm also very likely going to have to stay off blogger until Tuesday.


I'll try to sneak in some blogger time.


But it is beyond likely that I will drop off the face of the blogosphere until next Tuesday. Starting now.


No wait!










Have a blessed Christmas! May your time with your family be as wonderful as it can possibly be and my the love of Jesus Christ fill your house on this Holy Day.


With LOTS of love,


Kiss Kiss,


Hug Hug,


Missing you already,


Misha




P.S. Commencing drop from blogosphere in. Ten. Nine... AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........


...............


Thud.

10 comments:

  1. YUM!! Those look awesome!! Want. Want. Nom.
    Merry Christmas!! Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those treat look soooooooooo yummy!!!!

    Safe travels and happy holidays! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Misha. Have a wonderful holiday.

    My book, The Treasures of Carmelidrium, should be available next week on kindle.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look tasty! :) And the names are fun to say.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hungry now. Which is bad, because I just ate. *runs off for a pastry*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great holiday! :) See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get lots of baking in! Don't eat too many treats~ :P

    Have fun with family and a merry Christmas~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the fall and I've never even heard of the food you're talking about but the pics made me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My oh my, those little soft bite-size cakes do look delicious! I'm a quite fan of that sort of thing--very popular in South Korea, too. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.