Monday, August 2, 2010

A quick introduction...

Hey,


Firstly just want to say welcome to my blog. It feels rather strange, sending this out there with no idea about whether people will actually read this...


Any way, I just thought to give a short idea of who I am:


My name is Misha Gericke and I am finishing my B.comm at the University of Stellenbosch. To be honest I'm only doing the degree to make my parents happy and having something to fall back on, so as of next year, I want to start living my life to the full. Who knows? Maybe I'll tell you about it in future.


My grandmother has written for a living for as long as I can remember, which I guess is why I think of writing as a viable career option. Still, I have never decided to write full time. Instead I retreat to my book and pen to save my sanity.


I must say that I become intolerable when I don't write often. I become more so when I suffer from writer's block. Be warned that I have been suffering for about two months now. So if I seem to be rampaging down Victoria Street, RUN!!!


I've always wanted to start blogging, but never had an idea what I would blog about. Eventually, the idea formed that I should start writing about my first really serious attempt to write with a view to publishing. I just thought that it might be a good idea, since there must be many aspiring writers out there that must feel as lost as I do some times.


Don't worry though... I won't spoil the book and maybe will leave only tasters to whet your appetite, since I absolutely hate people who spoil endings.


Hope I didn't bore you yet, since this might be a start of a beautiful readership...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.