Monday, September 20, 2010

Back with a bang.

Good morning ladies and gents! I am so happy to be back.

I am also very happy to announce that I got through the week without much of a hiccup. The only tiny problem was my Carb withdrawals that gave me terrible headaches and nausea for about two days, but by Wednesday I was forging ahead with my work.

I finished my project just on time and managed to get through (and in depth) all of my prescribed work by Friday night. The test went quite well, but it's one of those where I have to wait for the results. Prediction is never accurate.

And.... I lost seven pounds (three kg for the metrically inclined) last week! It was just what the doctor ordered to keep me going to my dream weight of 147 pounds (66.5 kg). I might even lose a bit more this week (fingers crossed) since I have time to do some exercise.

Writing wise, I haven't gotten round to any of my Works in Progress in about three weeks, so I have a muse screaming in my ear all the time. I am planning to get writing again some time today.

Then, I have a questions for the pansters out there. How do you keep your story lines together without planning them ahead of time? I've been thinking about what I want to bring out in my book and I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed by the amount of story that is still unwritten... There's just so much that has to be interwoven that I look ahead and feel a little... well... scared. I sometimes think that I bit off much more than I can chew with this book, but I love it too much to let it go.

Anyone have any advice?

3 comments:

  1. First, congrats on the weight loss! You're my hero for the day.

    Second, I'm a huge pantser. I don't keep track of stuff. When I know it's a train wreck element, I highlight it. But I keep barreling onward. Sometimes I can work out the highlighted train wreckage, and sometimes I can't.

    Once the first draft is down, then I typically know my MC and then I can rewrite the whole book. Usually the story changes--a lot. I just need to find the character. And once I do, I can work the story out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the weight loss. I so need to be more engaged in that part of my life.

    As a pantser, I often will start with just brainstorming scene ideas then I put them in some kind of order, but lots of times things change.

    My current WIP needs a complete rewrite in the middle as I went a different direction with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for your advice. It really helped a lot. I think there's a part of me that doesn't want to rewrite, so I'm trying to be way to perfectionistic first time round. I have a bitch of a self-editor...

    I will definitely give brainstorming a try. Usually my mind comes up with a boatload of ideas and it gets tricky to let them fall in place. I think that brainstorming will help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.